Thursday, September 15, 2011
When Reality bites…
Just had a talked with my only male cousin. He is still young in his early twenties. A second year Hotel and Restaurant student but on leave for the meantime due to financial problem. His Dad died when he was still young. His mother, a widow now and he have a twin sisters both are working and graduated already in College unlike him because of friends and changing his course all the time stuck in Second Year.
I asked him to come with me this morning. I think this will be the first time that we will have this kind of talk, about reality. From the dictionary, reality is the state of things, as they actually exist, rather than as they may appear or might be imagined. In a wider definition, reality includes everything that is and has been, whether or not it is observavle or comprehensible. A still more broad definition includes everything that has existed, exists, or will exist, not just in the mind, or even more broadly also including what is only in the mind.- wiki
I told him all the lessons I learned from this meaningful life so far and well with 1000 words I’ll summarized the four ours of that moment.
1. Honesty is the best policy
2. People will leave you, most probably in times of darkness.
3. Majority is corrupt but the minority few is still existing
4. In Calauan, there are still few who have integrity, principle and word of honor.
5. Discrimination in Philippines is much higher compare the ones abroad which is mostly racial.
6. People usually look about the status of life, much important if one is rich than no means at all.
7. Some Generals have lot’s of money because of corruption, instead they are using it to their subordinates, they are using the funds in personal use same as about that 500,000 pesos boots of the son.
8. Exceptional talent like Manny Pacquiao and Charice are amazing but is not applicable to the majority of the population, people still need to study and have proper education to succeed in life.
9. Love of Family usually remained than friends when in need.
10. Wisdom came from family such as parents.
11. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder
12. Miss Angola is the prettiest and the most talented female contestants, don’t judge her by the color of her skin.
13. A writer could only write because of her experiences.
14. Life is short, take the risk.
15. Crab mentality because of poverty.
16. Hard to find work nowadays due to over population with the same skills.
17. Need to be different
18. Charice is very respected in her field of choice, Americans respected her by asking her to sing in public their national anthem. Be proud Filipinos.
19. Time management is the key.
20. Success is 25% Integrity, 25% Hard work and the rest which is 50% is luck.
21. Opportunity knocks only once
22. One must know how to grab the opportunity
23. Try and try until you succeed
24. Choose your friends
25. Money is powerful but not all happiness can be solved with money.
We went home after some project inspection, I learned a lot.
Posted by Engr. Grace Bondad Nicolas at 12:06 PM