Some of the biggest names in Philippine business have been recipients of the coveted award: Henry Sy, Chairman of SM Prime Holdings and Secretary Ramon Jimenez, Jr. of the Department of Tourism (2014 Lifetime Contributors Awards) and Roberto Juanchito Dispo, President of First Metro Investment Corporation (2014 Global Filipino Executive of the Year).
In 2014, the other big winners in the annual awards included Smart Communications (Top Employer of the Year) and SM Prime Holdings (Executive Leadership Team of the Year), among others.
Rebecca Bustamante, President of the Asia CEO Awards, said the 2015 Asia CEO Awards is exciting because nominations will be accepted across the ASEAN region.
“The Asia CEO Awards is considered the largest event of its kind in Southeast Asia and we plan to make it into a true regional event that will promote the entire region to the world's greatest companies and leaders,” Bustamante said.
She believes the Philippines, one of world’s top performing economies, will have an greater role in Asia in the coming years.
The nomination period for the Asia CEO Awards will end on September 28, 2015 and the winners will be announced during the gala night on November 11, 2015 at Marriott Hotel Manila.
Everyone is welcome to submit nominations for the awards. No fees are collected for submitting nominations.
One of the new awards that will be given in the 2015 Asia CEO Awards is the “I-Remit Heart for OFWs Company of the Year” for organizations that promote the welfare of overseas Filipino workers and their families.
Aside from the “Heart for OFWs Company of the Year” award, the other categories this year include:
- KPMG Executive Leadership Team of the Year
- Top Employer of the Year
- Smart Enterprise Global Filipino Executive of the Year
- JLL Expatriate Executive of the Year
- ADP Service Excellence Company of the Year
- SHORE Solutions Most Innovative Company of the Year
- Capital One Young Leader of the Year
- FirstCarbon Solutions Green Company of the Year
- CSR Company of the Year
- Technology Company of the Year, and
- Philippine Airlines Hospitality Destination of the Year
A distinguished group of judges assess all the nominations. This year’s judges include:
- Dr. Bernie Villegas, distinguished Filipino economist and professor of the University of Asia and the Pacific;
- Don Felbaum, former President of the American Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines;
- Edward Chang, President of the Korean Chamber of Commerce Philippines;
- Jun Palafox, Principal Architect of the world-renowned architectural design firm Palafox Associates;
- Oscar Sanez, Vice-President for International Operations at San Miguel Foods, and
- Richard Mills, Former President of the Canadian Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines.