Wednesday, April 6, 2011

When does life begins?

  

This is the only question that keeps on bugging me wherever I go. My mentor told me not to share my experienced and the scientific method that I used which is the IVF or In Vitro Fertilization, not to mention the amount I spent to have my three precious babies.


We all know that science and religion will never be at the same side, like the government and the Catholic Church. Most of the time people incorporated Science, Fertilization and Conception to Reproductive Health. They questioned God or even incorporated atheism and the bad part is not in layman’s terms which makes it hard to understand by the majority of the population and in which the target market is only the minorities and who are they? Those minds who thinks that they were the best of the best and the logic will always keeps them in a safer side.

Books are good but people must also consider that mostly they are research, theories and experiments. One priest considered using a condom as a sin same thing as masturbating, this fact was when I interview him who is from the biggest Baranggay in San Pablo City, Laguna province.
Does masturbating especially if you don’t have any partner with you a sin? Mostly even those who are married do that, what more if that somebody is single? I even saw that priest kissed a girl. Liar. I am not talking in general because it is the same as everyone else, everyone has flaws and obviously not perfect. Human Beings. Nature whether you like it or not. Hypocrisy at it’s best. Why need to lie?

Organism, oh yes organism, but we are talking about the human life, not just any kind of organism. This human life will have feelings, conscience and will have the ability to love. Let’s talk about worms. Yes they are important because of the ecology. The circle of life when one needs another. The question is, does worms have the feelings like human beings?

  I love to meet a lot of different people with different views, I am fortunate to talk to both sides and observe. I learned to know their own flaws, hypocrisy, integrity and the fact about just being human. What is the essence of a human? Maybe this is the question that the two sides needs to answer.

  I experienced being in  Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City with the best doctors and the best health plan. The doctor even asked me if they could do some experiments on me because of life and death, but I declined. If you know Celine Dion, We have the same situation. Experienced is better than books.


   I have two godfathers who are with different points of view, the former Senator, Former  Laguna Governor and Former DILG Secretary Joey David Lina and the incumbent senator Ferdinand Romualdez Marcos III. One is against for the passage of Reproductive Health Bill and the other one is supporting. I am lucky to have both sides with my family, so honest to tell me for what is right and their different views.

  
   My view (before), when does life begins.

   As a human being, this is when the egg and the semen meet then fertilized (point of CBCP or all against the bill). It will have heartbeats but I experienced to have six fertilized eggs though four got heartbeats at the same time inside my tummy. Salt, yes it is, to save the few.

That’s when I experienced hell, literally without anesthesia, twice because one syringe per fetus. That was my choice. Is it a sin? Yes to some I encountered. The doctor asked me to choose between one or two, I chose two. Reason; I am petit and my body cannot hold four babies inside my tummy.  Reproductive Health bill is all about choice. It's about thinking what is good for you and for the whole human beings. If this law will passed and there’s going to be corruption, that will be another story.

RH bill didn’t tell us that this will be the solution but rather MIGHT be one of the solution because our government cannot support everyone in need. Work is not equal to people. Yes compare it to China. What is a difference? It is a communist country unlike in Philippines with “kanya kanya” system and corruption is rampant. China based from Sen. Joey Lina is populated but unlike the Philippines, China’s economy is soaring high. Investors went there because of the tax, low salary for workers and if there is no corruption, it is moderated.

          

My new view and stand and answer to the question " When does life begins?"

  • It’s a subjective question and could answer or defines by different authorities philosophically,   morally, religiously or liberally. It depends on the perception, culture and tradition of the receiver of this question. I would go with my endocrinologist point of view which is towards the liberal definition, it’s after 24 weeks of gestation, when there is already a fetal vitality. Morally and in religious point of view it’s when there’s a fertilized egg or after the ovulation period. The question is not about abortion, because I myself is against abortion and that is why I am supporting the passage of the reproductive health bill that says Prevention of Abortion, for the quality of life, women empowerment, prevention of HIV/AIDS...

Using In Vitro Fertilization procedure is not easy, Celine Dion used this too. I am thankful to my husband’s health care provider which is Aetna, everything even the impossible became possible, the beauty of science. The process starts with checking of the estrogen level in my body. The purpose is to check when will be the exact menstruation period. With the help of many syringe and medicines, menstruation came for the preparation of ovulation period. It was a joyous and painful process. My husband is the one who was injecting the meds after a one try testing from the laboratory with a three inches syringe to my body and not to mention that there is a correct way or angle in doing it. Every day, it will be injected in the muscles whether to my arms or legs. The objective is for me to ovulate. On the time of ovulation, there’s a scheduled process in the clinic with my endocrinologist Dr. Daniel Navot, that will be the time they will inject the semen after being washed. Well they asked me to check the bottle if the name there is my husband’s name to make sure.

After the procedure, I waited for a week and checked with the use of disposable pregnancy test. Everyday, the lines was getting darker which means to say that the procedure is a success. I am pregnant. Weeks after, curiosity became me and the rest is history.

  I can’t help but being sad, disappointed and smile at the same time. We elected the best from the best but how come they cannot solve this. I don’t want to start about the Environment with all the Republic Acts and Climate Change. One step at a time, will someone who is smart, has power, has the best lawyer, has the best advisers, has all the money in this world can do something? I am your Boss.


No comments:

Post a Comment